Thursday, April 1, 2021

Holy Thursday

Click Image to Enlarge
 
"And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke and gave to His disciples, and said: 'Take ye and eat. This is My Body.' And taking the chalice, He gave thanks and gave to them, saying: 'Drink ye all of this. For this is My Blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many unto remission of sins. And I say to you, I will not drink from henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I shall drink it with you anew in the kingdom of My Father.' And a hymn being said, they went out unto Mount Olivet" (Matt. 26, 26-30)

Prelude:

In spirit enter the Cenacle, contemplate Jesus humbly washing the feet of His disciples, and hear from His adorable lips the sacred words which constitute the most wonderful proof of His infinite love.

Affections: 

O Divine Saviour, Who didst set me so wonderful an example in washing of the feet of Thy disciples,-by Thy infinite merits, by Thy Precious Blood, I pray Thee for the grace to be inflamed with Thy holy love and saturated with Thy saving Blood. By sincere humility, let me share in the infinite treasures which Thou hast reserved for the truly humble, in the Sacrament of Thy Love. Oh, that we could worthily thank Thee, O Jesus, for the infinitely precious treasure of the Blessed Eucharist! Couldst Thou give us anything more precious than Thyself? Who can fathom the depths of Thy love! I, too, my Saviour, will give Thee all that I am and have. Let my oblation be pleasing to Thee by intimate union with Thy sublime sacrifice in the adorable Sacrament of the Altar. "O loving Pelican! O Jesus Lord! Unclean I am, but cleanse me in Thy Blood."

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...