Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter Monday

Click on Image to Enlarge
 
"And behold, two of them went the same day to a town which was sixty furlongs from Jerusalem, named Emmaus. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. And it came to pass that while they talked and reasoned with themselves, Jesus Himself also drawing near, went with them. But their eyes were held, that they should no know Him" (Luke 24, 13-16).

Prelude:

Picture the two disciples, troubled and sad, on their way to Emmaus. Behold, Jesus, the risen Saviour, Who joins them though they do no recognize Him.

Affections: 

O my Saviour, how weak and inconstant is my heart! I am so easily discouraged at sight of difficulties I meet in the discharge of my duties. Is it not due to a lack of faith in Thy divine promises, a lack of confidence in Thy supreme power, Thy unbounded love and mercy? Strengthen me, O Jesus, I pray Thee by Thy glorious resurrection. Let me ever be mindful of Thy holy presence, that I may despise the vain consolation of creatures, and in all reverses have recourse to Thee, my Comforter, my most loving father. Thus I may become worthy to find in Thee my salvation, my happiness, my peace on this pilgrimage through life, and be vouchsafed the happiness of possessing Thee in never-ending bliss. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...