Thursday, April 15, 2021

Friday - Jesus Appears to the Holy Women

 Read the Story - Life Magazine


Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today is Friday, and we will travel back in time to the moment when Jesus appeared to the Holy Women.  

"And they went out quickly from the sepulcher, with fear and great joy, running to tell His disciples. And behold, Jesus met them, saying: 'All Hail.' But they came up and took hold of His feet and adored Him. Then Jesus said to them 'Fear not. Go, tell My brethren that they go into Galilee; there they shall see me'" (Matt. 28, 8-10).

Picture the holy women kneeling at the feet of Jesus, and admire the mildness of the Lord in speaking to them. 

Today's Prayer: 

O Divine Saviour, Thou hast conferred even a greater favor upon me than upon the holy women. How often am I permitted to come to Thy Tabernacle, to kneel at Thy feet with loving reverence and receive Thee in Holy Communion! Oh, that I were always animated with the fervor of the holy women! My good Jesus, Who knowest all my needs and incessantly bestows Thy most tender solicitude upon me, grant that I correspond to such countless proofs of Thy love. Give me an ever-increasing confidence in Thy infinite goodness, that, penetrated with lively gratitude toward Thee, I may exercise heart-felt love and indulgence toward my neighbor, and thus render myself deserving of Thy greater grace and favor. 

Spiritual Bouquet: "Fear not, Go, tell My brethren that they shall see Me." 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...