Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Thursday - 23rd Day of Lent

 
"And when He was accused by the chief priests and ancients, He answered nothing. Then Pilate saith to Him: 'Dost Thou not hear how great testimonies they allege against Thee?' And He answered them never a word, so that the governor wondered exceedingly" (Matt. 27, 14).

Prelude:

Behold Jesus silent, bound like a criminal before the heathen Judge.

Affections: 
 
O my Jesus, how great and sublime is the oblation of Thy holy silence, immolated to the heavenly Father for the salvation of the world! I pray Thee, by Thy infinite merits, grant me the grace never to abuse my tongue by sinful discourse. I repent of all sins and scandals of which I have been guilty in the past by misuse of my tongue. Oh, that in the hour of my death, not a single unnecessary, sinful word may be my accuser before the tribunal of Thy Majesty. Grant me the grace, O Jesus, to imitate Thy most adorable silence. 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...