Wednesday, March 24, 2021

35th Day - Of Our Following Jesus on The Way of The Cross

"And as they led Him away, they laid hold of one Simon of Cyrene, coming from the country; and they laid the cross on him to carry after Jesus. And there followed Him a great multitude of people, and of women, who bewailed and lamented Him" (Luke 23, 26-27).

Prelude:

In spirit follow your cross-laden Savior through the streets of  Jerusalem. Simon of Cyrene is forced to help Jesus carry His cross, and the women of Jerusalem compassionate the Savior.


Affections: 

I thank Thee, O my beloved Savior, for having called me in Thy infinite love to follow Thee more  perfectly on the way of the cross, as it were, to enter into Thy footprints. Oh, that as Thy true spouse, I would carry the cross of poverty, humiliations, and renunciation and thus merit to have Thy sacred, suffering Image impressed indelibly upon my soul! O my Savior, grant that my fidelity may sweeten the bitterness of Thy anguish, and let me share in all the graces Thou hast merited for us on Thy painful journey to Calvary. 

Resolution: I will prove my gratitude for the inexpressible sufferings of Jesus, by courageous self-control, and by tender compassion with my fellow religious and those entrusted to me.

Spiritual Bouquet: "Far be it from me to glory save in the cross of Christ."

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...