Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Wednesday - The 29th Day of Lent


"Then Pilate took Jesus and scourged Him" (John 19, I).

Prelude:

Behold the inner court of the house of Pilate, and the pillar of the scourging to which Jesus was bound. 

Affections: 
 
My Jesus, how exceedingly great was the sacrifice Thou didst make to Thy father for my salvation! Who could count the wounds inflicted upon Thee, Thou meekest Lamb of God, by the cruel scourging! What infinite love must have filled Thy Sacred Heart, when Thou didst will to bear such pain to merit pardon for me and for all sinners! Never can we fully appreciate the love of  Thy merciful Heart. When I contemplate Thee, O Jesus, at the pillar of scourging, can any sacrifice Thou askest of me be too great? O my loving Savior, Thou hast loved me and delivered Thyself for me! Give me grace to immolate myself incessantly by constant labor and mortification, as a living holocaust to Thy love.

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...