Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday of Holy Week - Jesus is mocked


Click Image to Enlarge
 
"And they passed by, blaspheming Him, wagging their heads and saying: 'Vah, thou that destroyest the temple of God and in three days dost rebuild it: save thy own self; if thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.' In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking said: 'He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He be the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross and we will believe in Him'" (Matt. 27, 39-42). 

Prelude:

Behold our Blessed Saviour on the cross, suffering the most excruciating torments, mocked and blasphemed by the passers-by.

Affections: 

O Blessed Saviour, what lessons Thou impartest to me from the height of the cross! Thou endurest the most excruciating pain in Thy whole Body, and at the same time Thy Sacred Heart is satiated with opprobrium. Oh, that I would never forget that it was my sins of pride, of vain-glory and ambition that imposed upon Thee, my beloved Saviour, such a heavy sacrifice of atonement. I behold Thee, O Jesus, accepting all the bitterness of the contempt, the reviling and the pains, in order to present to me the sweetness of Thy mercy and love. I pray Thee, let the sentiments of Thy Heart pass over into mine,-give me a truly humble and contrite heart, that I may be made worthy to participate in the blessed fruits of Thy prayer and learn of Thee to be patient and forbearing with others. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...