Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday - The 31st Day of Lent


"Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith to them: 'Behold, I bring Him forth unto you, that you may know that I find no cause in Him.' Jesus therefore came forth, bearing the crown of thorns and the purple garment. And he saith to them: 'Behold the Man!'"  (John 19, 4-5).

Prelude:

Behold our Blessed Lord, covered with blood and wounds, wearing the purple cloak and the crown of thorns, as He mounts the steps of the tribunal, exposed to the gaze of the multitude.

Affections: 
 
O humiliated and patient Lord, how unfathomable are the mysteries of Thy love! How can I sufficiently praise and extol Thee! What are my sentiments on beholding my Savior suffering such torments? Can I behold this marvel of love and not be inflamed with an ardent desire to make some return? Must not my heart be filled with sorrow for my sins, which have thus horribly disfigured the comeliest, the holiest and most affable of the sons of men? Let me realize Thy infinite greatness, O my Jesus, that in the mirror of truth and holiness, I may know myself and through this knowledge and the co-operation with grace, let me die to self to live wholly for Thy love.  

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...