Thursday, March 4, 2021

Thursday - 16th Day of Lent

 
 
"And the men that held Him mocked Him and struck Him. And they they smote His Face. And they asked Him, saying: 'Prophesy, who it is that struck Thee?' And blaspheming, many other things they said against Him" (Luke  22, 63-65)


Prelude:

Behold Jesus in the midst of the brutal soldiers and servants, who maltreat Him most shamefully.


Affections: 
 
O my Jesus, I see Thee endure the greatest insults and reviling for love of me, and I  blush for shame that I am too weak, too cowardly to endure even the slightest insult for love of Thee. O my Divine Savior, give me Thy holy love; it alone can strengthen and encourage me to endure trials and sufferings with composure, even with a holy joy, in union with Thy sacred passion.

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...