Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tuesday - The 28th Day of Lent


"And he said to them the third time: 'Why, what evil hath this man done? I find not cause of death in Him. I will chastise Him therefore and let Him go'" (Luke 23, 22).

Prelude:

Behold our beloved Savior standing in silence before the unjust judge, who declares Him innocent, nevertheless, orders Him to be scouraged. 

Affections: 
 
O my Jesus, Thou hadst done only good, and overwhelmed us all with benefits, and yet Thou must immolate Thyself for love of us. What gratitude do I owe Thee for such love! And yet, with what coldness and indifference have I requited Thy love. Alas, I have done little good, but much evil. I deserve the punishment that Thou, O my Savior, so unjustly didst take upon Thyself. In profound humility and confusion, I confess that I have well deserved all the sufferings Thou sendest me and far greater ones. I will deem myself happy in being permitted to suffer patiently little things for love of Thee. Strengthen me by Thy saving grace. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...