Thursday, March 25, 2021

March 25 - Feast of the Annunciation


 

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word" (Luke 1, 38).

Prelude:

Picture the Blessed Virgin Mary in her chamber at Nazareth, flooded with heavenly light, and the angel announcing to her the heavenly message.

Affections: 

O Mary, exalted Queen of Virgins, I thank thee with all my heart for the love thou didst bestow on mankind by consenting to be the Mother of God. Entreat for me and all my companions in religion the love of holy virginity that filled thy heart. Obtain for us, likewise, the spirit of sacrifice that animated thee when thou gavest thy consent to become the Mother of the Redeemer, even though it meant to enter upon the path of life-long sufferings as Mother of Sorrows; help us never to shirk any hardship or trial required for the glory of God and the salvation of souls. In imitation of thy sublime example we will refuse God nothing that He asks of us, and with sentients of whole-hearted, loving abandonment to the Will of God and utter denial of self, we will ever say: "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word,"

Resolution: I will refuse God no sacrifice today and deny myself in those things, particularly, which are contrary to nature.

Spiritual Bouquet: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...