Sunday, April 11, 2021

Monday - The Holy Women go to the Sepulchre

 Read the Story - Life Magazine


Dear Children of Mary,
Today's meditation is about the holy women who went to the tomb of Jesus to anoint His Body.

Meditation:

"And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalen, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought sweet spices, that coming, they might anoint Jesus. And very early in the morning, the first day of the week, they come to the sepulcher, the sun being now risen. And they said to one another: 'Who shall roll the stone back from the door of the sepulcher?'" (Mark 16, 1-3).

Prelude:

Picture the holy women, early in the morning on their way to the sepulcher to anoint the Body of their Lord with precious ointments.

Affections:

O my God, inflame in my cold heart the fire of the strong, self-sacrificing love I admire in these holy women. How often does not their example put me to shame! How weak and instant am I in the face of difficulties, in the discharge of my duties! May I never forget that I, too, serve a Lord Who has power to remove every hindrance, Whose goodness sustains me with His grace, Who sends His angel to protect me. Quicken my confidence, O Lord, let my courage wax strong in the struggle with my passions, that I may say with the Apostle: "For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor things present, nor things to come, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate me from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord" (Rom. 8, 38-39).


Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...