Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wednesday - Jesus Appears to Thomas

 Read the Story - Life Magazine



Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today is Wednesday, April 28th and our morning meditation is Jesus Appears to Thomas and the Other Disciples. Have a beautiful day!

The Setting:

"And after eight days again His Disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst and said 'Peace be to you.' Then He saith to Thomas: 'Put in thy finger hither, and see My hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into My side; and be not faithless, but believing.' Thomas answered and said to Him: 'My Lord and my God!'" (John 20, 26-29).

Prelude: 

Behold the Apostle Thomas, full of shame and contrition, falling at the feet of His Master and loudly confessing his faith.

Prayer: 

O my Jesus, I, too, recognize Thee as my Lord and my God. Animated with the sentiments of humility and contrition, of submission and hope, of love and devotion, which filled the heart of Thomas, I adore Thee with profoundest reverence. Accept my sentiments with complacency and grant me with the perfect pardon of my sins, a more firm and living faith that I may be rendered worthy to reap the blessing Thou has attached to faith. Grant me grace to perform all my works in the spirit of faith, that trusting and confiding in Thee, I may overcome every obstacle and finally conquer self. Humbly confident, I will hasten to Thy Sacred Wounds, these sources of grace and salvation, and draw from them the ardent, powerful and self-sacrificing love which Thy Apostles  drew from them, that by redoubled fervor I, too, may make amends for my past transgressions and my insufficient love. 

Resolution: 

As soon as I am conscious of a fault I will return to my Saviour, contrite, and with unbounded trust promise Him to perform the following action with redoubled zeal. 

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"My Lord and my God!"

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...