Saturday, April 24, 2021

Saturday - The Disciples Entreat Our Lord

Read the Story - Life Magazine


Good Morning Children of Mary,
Although these little meditations were written for religious nuns who lived in a convent in Germany a long time ago, we believe that they will be of great benefit to us as well.
Today's Meditation is The Disciples Entreat Our Lord to Stay with them.

Have a beautiful day!

The Setting:

"And they drew night to the town, whither they were going; and He made as though He would go farther. But they constrained Him, saying: 'Stay with us; because it is towards evening, and the day is now far spent.' And He went in with them" (Luke 24, 28-29).

Prelude: 

Behold the disciples urging our Blessed Lord to stay with them. 

Prayer: 

O my Saviour, how often has it been Thy most ardent desire to come to me, to take up Thy abode in my heart, and to manifest Thy presence by special marks of affection and the sweetest impulses of Thy grace. My tepidity and coldness have stifled any longing on my part for Thy happy, blessed presence, and constrained Thee rather to abandon me. Pardon, O my beloved Jesus, such indifference. Let Thy heart be moved by my sincere compunction and humility, and be Thou moved by my fervent petitions, to enter into my heart with Thy grace and love, and transform it through the fire of the Holy Spirit. "Stay with me, Lord," I will then say with the disciples, for I, too, will always remain with Thee; remain with me, for in Thee is the source of life; stay with me during my earthly pilgrimage, that I may one day attain to Thee and remain with Thee for all eternity. 

Resolution: 

I will frequently entreat my dear Saviour to abide in me with His grace and love.

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"Stay with us, for the day is now far spent."

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...