Monday, April 5, 2021

Easter Tuesday - The Risen Saviour

Click on Image to Enlarge
 
"Who will reform the body of our lowness, made like to the body of his glory according to the operation whereby also He is able to subdue all things unto Himself" (Phil. 3, 21).

Prelude:

Behold the risen Saviour, radiant in the splendor of His glory.

Affections: 

O my risen Saviour, with holy reverence, and ardent love, I contemplate the marvelous beauty of Thy sacred Body and adore Thee, glorious Conqueror of death, with all the angels who behold Thy inexpressible glory and bliss. How could I ever find anything irksome or unbearable, after Thou hast shown me, by Thy victorious triumph, that the sufferings of this life are the seed of future glory? Should I not banish from my heart all earthly affections and fix my thoughts and desires on eternal, imperishable things, which alone are worthy of my desires? Do Thou, O glorious Victor, complete in me the work of Thy mercy and draw my heart and mind to Thee, that I may live in Thee, labor with Thee, and one day be glorified with Thee in heavenly bliss.

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...