Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Easter Wednesday

Click on Image to Enlarge
 
"For we are buried together with Him by baptism into death; that as Christ is risen from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we also may walk in newness of life"           (Romans 6, 4).


Prelude:

Behold our Divine Lord issuing triumphantly from the sealed tomb.

Affections: 

O my Jesus, Thou hast vanquished my enemies, conquer ever obstacle that my perverted heart presents to the merciful operations of Thy grace, that I may rise with Thee to a new spiritual life, and henceforth walk in the path of holiness. Thou, my Divine Redeemer, knowest best what huge boulders bar the way to the complete, happy transformation of my heart. Thou knows what imperfections hold my corrupt nature captive. Thy grace has frequently impelled me to amend my life, but owing to the weakness of my will, I have succumbed to the assaults of my enemies, and relapsed into the grave of tepidity and imperfections. O my Saviour, of myself I can do nothing, but do Thou confirm in me unbounded trust in Thy almighty grace, for with it I can do all things.  

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...