Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunday - Jesus the Good Shepherd of Souls

Read the Story - Life Magazine


Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today's Meditation is Jesus the Good Shepherd of Souls.  Have a beautiful day today.

The Setting:

"And when He hath let out His own sheep, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him, because they know His voice" (John 10, 4).

Prelude: 

Picture Jesus, the Good Shepherd carrying a lost sheep on His shoulders. 

Today's Prayer: 

Divine Shepherd of our souls, how great is Thy love for Thy sheep! Thou goest to such excess as to offer Thy life for their salvation. In Thy prodigal compassion and love Thou leadest Thy sheep to the best pasture and defends them against their enemies. Yes, O Divine Saviour, I recognize Thee as my loving Shepherd and thank Thee for having numbered me among Thy chosen flock. Oh, that I had always listened to Thy sweet voice and wholly surrendered myself to Thy guidance! O Jesus, pardon my indifference and infidelity. Henceforth I will constantly remain near Thee, my Good Shepherd, will rivet my eyes upon Thee and heed Thy divine counsels! As Thy faithful sheep I will follow Thee with implicit trust, tender love, and gratitude, on the way marked out for me by Thy infinite goodness. 

Resolution: 

I will strive to know my Good Shepherd ever better, confidently entrust myself to Him and heed His voice.

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"The Good Shepherd giveth His life for His sheep." 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!




Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...