Friday, April 30, 2021

Friday - Jesus Makes Himself Known

 Read the Story - Life Magazine



Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today is Friday, April 30th and our daily meditation is Jesus Makes Himself Known to His Disciples.
Have a beautiful day!

The Setting:

The disciple therefore whom Jesus loved, said to Peter: 'It is the Lord.' Simon Peter, when he heard that it was the Lord, girt his coat about him and cast himself into the sea" (John 21, 7).

Prelude: 

Behold the Apostles in the ship and Jesus near them on the shore.  

Prayer: 

O my Divine Saviour, what admirable models hast Thou given to us in Thy two disciples! The tender love of the virgin disciple recognized Thee first, and Peter's fiery zeal induced him to overcome all obstacles to reach Thee. Ah, when will a spark of this pure and ardent love enkindle my heart, enlighten my understanding, sanctify my actions!O my beloved Jesus, I implore Thee, create a clean heart in me, cleanse me more and more of my sins, give me a truly humble, submissive and love-inflamed heart, that I may adore Thee in all Thy loving dispensation, love and praise Thee and seek my sole happiness in the accomplishment of Thy holy Will. 

Resolution: 

I will strive to testify my love to my Saviour by purity of heart and generous immolation of self in the service of God.

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"The disciple whom Jesus loved, said to Peter: 'It is the Lord.'"

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...