Thursday, April 22, 2021

Thursday - The Disciples Mistake Jesus for a Stranger

 Read the Story - Life Magazine



Good Morning Children of Mary,
Although these little meditations were written for religious nuns who lived in a convent in Germany a long time ago, we believe that they will be of great benefit to us as well.
Today's Meditation is The Disciples Mistake Jesus for a Stranger.
Have a beautiful day!

The Setting:

"Art Thou only a stranger in Jerusalem and hast not known the things that have been done there in these days" (Luke 24, 18)?

Prelude: 

Imagine the two disciples in the presence of Jesus; they see Him, hear His words, but fail to recognize Him. 

Prayer: 

O my Jesus, with St. Augustine, I cry to Thee: "Grant me to know Thee that I may love Thee." Is it possible, O Jesus, for me daily to contemplate Thy beauty, Thy goodness and Thy sublime virtues, without being filled with confidence and love, without experiencing the desire to imitate Thy love, obedience, self denial, and renunciation? Permit not, O Jesus, that my tepidity and infidelity estrange me from Thee and hinder the effects of grace in m soul. Grant me to be Thy faithful spouse to walk in Thy presence, and thus to become a fit instrument in Thy hands to promote the salvation of souls. Amen.

Resolution: 

In order the better to know and love my Jesus, I will commune with Him by frequent ejaculations (short prayers such as Jesus Mercy, Mary Help).

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"Let me know Thee, O Lord, that I may love Thee."

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!




Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...