Friday, April 16, 2021

Saturday - Peter and John go to the Sepulcher

Read the Story - Life Magazine


Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today is Saturday, and we will travel back in time to the moment when Peter and John went to The Sepulcher.

The Setting:

"Peter therefore went out, and that other disciple and they came to the sepulcher. And they both ran together, and that other disciple did out run Peter, and came first to the sepulcher. And when he stooped down, he saw the linen clothes lying; but yet he went not in" (John 20, 3-5).

Prelude: 

Picture the two apostles going in haste to the Sepulcher. 

Today's Prayer: 

O my God, what gratitude do I owe Thee for your love for me. But how ashamed am I to find myself still so lukewarm and tepid in serving you! Ah, does such tepidity not proceed from my lack of love? I pray Thee, O my dear Saviour, increase in me the flame of divine love, replenish me with fresh zeal and courage that, no longer fettered by earthly affections, I may advance in the way of Thy commandments and reach the perfection which Thou in Thy infinite love hast destined for me. Give us all, O Jesus, the grace of mutual love and kindness toward one another, that we may contribute toward making our family a most lovable abode of virtue, an object of the especial love of God.

Spiritual Bouquet: 

"Fear not, Go, tell My brethren that they shall see Me." 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!




Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...