Friday, April 2, 2021

Holy Satuday - Jesus is Laid in The Sepulchre

Click on Image to Enlarge
 
"And after these things, Joseph of Arimathea besought Pilate that He might take away the body of Jesus. And Pilate gave leave. He came, therefore, and took away the body of Jesus. And Nicodemus also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pounds. They took, therfore, the body of Jesus, and bound it in linen cloths, with the spices, as it is the custom with the Jews to bury. Now there was in the place where He was crucified, a garden: and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein no man yet had been laid. There they laid Jesus, because the sepulchre was nigh at hand" (John 19, 38-42).

Prelude:

Behold the Blessed Virgin and the disciples, reverently preparing the Body of Christ for the sepulchre.

Affections: 

O blessed sepulchre, worthy of all veneration and esteem, let me enter thee with pious reverence, devotion, and love. O my beloved Saviour, I pray Thee, transform my heart and make of it an agreeable and holy resting place for Thee. Teach me to die to self that I may rest with Thee in the grave of recollection, silence and seclusion. 
With all my heart, I will love the silence and repose of the Tabernacle, wherein Thou dwellest, as once in the sepulchre, hidden from the eyes of men. I will deposit at Thy feet every victory achieved over my evil tendencies and corrupt nature, and entreat Thee to renew and confirm more and more, through every Holy Communion, the new life of grace and love within my heart. My dear Mother of Dolors, let me share thy sorrow and thy love, that like thee, dead to all things, I may live solely in Jesus, with Jesus, and for Jesus.

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...