Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Wednesday, April 14 - Jesus appears to Mary Magdalen

 Read the Story - Life Magazine


Good Morning Children of Mary,
Today is Wednesday and we will meditate on Jesus appearing to Mary Magdalen.  

From the Bible:

"But Mary stood at the tomb without, weeping. Now as she was weeping, she stooped down and looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting, one at the head and one at the feet where the Body of Jesus had been laid. They say to her: 'Woman, why weepest thou?' She saith to them: 'Because they have taken away my Lord and I know not where they have laid Him.' When she had thus said, she turned herself back and saw Jesus standing: and she knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith to her: 'Woman, why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou?' She, thinking that it was the gardener saith to Him: 'Sir, if thou hast taken Him hence, tell me where thou hast laid Him, and I will take Him away'" (John 20, 11-15).


Close Your Eyes:

And picture Mary Magdalen at the entrance to the grave, weeping, and seeking the Body of her Divine Master.  

A Little Prayer: 

O illustrious servant of God, St. Mary Magdalen, glorious model for souls that love God! May we seek Him Who is the Bridegroom of our souls, the sole love of our hearts, with the fervor and zeal you manifested at the tomb. Assist us with thy intercession. O my beloved Savior, replenish my heart with ardent longing to possess Thee, to be wholly Thine, and to love Thee with a love like that of Magdalen. Grant that I may fid it impossible to live without Thee, that I may seek Thee everywhere, and find rest nowhere save where Thou art, the life of my soul, my Lord and my God! 


Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


Jesus - Model of Religious, Meditations for every day of the year. Frederick Pustet Co.,   Copyright, 1925
Translated from the German of a Religious of the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo, by a Sister of Notre Dame, Cleveland, Ohio, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...