Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday - 25th Day of Lent

 
"And Pilate calling together the chief priests and the magistrates, and the people, said to them: 'You have presented unto me this Man-and behold, I having examined Him find no cause in this Man, in those things wherein you accuse Him-nor Herod neither. But you have a custom that I should release one unto you at the Pasch; will you then therefore, that I release unto you the King of the Jews or Barabbas?' Then cried they all again, saying: 'Not this Man, but Barabbas'" (Luke 23, 13-15).

Prelude:

With tenderest compassion and profound reverence, behold Jesus, standing silently before the populace, who desire His death and prefer to Him a vile criminal.

Affections: 
 
O Spotless Lamb of God that takest away the sins of the world, how incomprehensible was the shame heaped upon Thee when Pilate dared to compare Thee, the infinite Sanctity and Majesty, with Barabbas, the most wretched of criminals! Yet how much greater was Thy abasement when the whole people preferred him to Thee! Thus, my dear Savior, to restore fallen man to the image of His Creator Thou wouldst suffer such abasement. Thus Thou wouldst, likewise, atone for my ingratitude, my folly, and faithlessness in esteeming the sweet yoke of Thy love but lightly and choosing rather what might effect my destruction. Pardon my blindness and infidelity, O Jesus, I renounce all affection for creatures, that I may possess Thee alone. Thou shalt henceforth, be the sole object of my love.


Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...