Sunday, March 7, 2021

Monday - 20th Day of Lent

 
"And when the morning was come, all the chief priests and ancients of the people took counsel against Jesus that they might put Him to death" (Matt. 27, 1).

Prelude:

Behold how Jesus prays silently while His enemies maltreat and deride Him, and at break of day eagerly enters upon His passion. 


Affections: 
 
O my beloved Savior, that it had been possible for me to share Thy confinement in the prison during that night of bitter sufferings and afford Thee some slight consolation and alleviation in Thy bitter pains! Let me abide with Thee to console Thee, to make reparation, and to pray with Thee for sinners. O my beloved Savior, who didst long with inexpressible desire to die in order to give me life, I pray Thee enkindle in my heart the flame of a holy zeal, that it may encourage and reanimate me gladly to suffer for Thee in return. 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...