Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday - 24th Day of Lent

 
 
"And he questioned Him in many words. But He answered him nothing. And Herod with his army set Him at nought, and mocked Him, putting on Him a white garment and sent Him back to Pilate" (Luke 23, 9 - 11).

Prelude:

Behold Jesus, clad in a white garment at the court of Herod, mocked by the Jews.

Affections: 
 
O Eternal Wisdom, Divine Word! Thy love and the desire for our salvation pressed Thee so powerfully to endure all manner of interior and exterior sufferings, to be satiated with pain, ridicule, and contempt, as foretold by the prophet! O my Jesus, I, too, have often offended Thee and requited Thy infinite love with ingratitude. Pardon me, I beseech Thee, and punish me not as Thou didst punish Herod, by refusing to let me hear Thy adorable voice. No, my Jesus, do not remain silent, no matter how unworthy I am to hear Thy words of light and truth. Do not deprive me of Thy holy inspirations. Behold, I am ready to heed Thy voice, and to do whatever Thou wilt require of me. Grant me a true understanding of the folly of the cross, and let me be happy to endure with, and for love of, Thee the contempt, derision, and injustice of men, that Thou mayest recognize in me Thy true disciple. 
 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...