Friday, March 5, 2021

Saturday - 18th Day of Lent

 

"And the Lord turning looked on Peter, And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, as He had said; 'Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny Me thrice." and Peter going out wept bitterly" (Luke 22, 61-62)


Prelude:

Behold Peter, bitterly bewailing his sins.


Affections: 
 
Lord Jesus, oh, that my contrition and penance resembled that of the Prince of the Apostles! Alas, I fall so frequently and am so slow to rise after a fall. Peter sincerely and bitterly bewailed his sins, but ah, how insufficient is my compunction! O my dear Savior, give me true, sincere contrition and compassion for Thee, that by redoubled fervor and love of Thee, I may repair the many infidelities of my past Life. 

Jesus Mercy! Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...