Monday, March 29, 2021

Monday of Holy Week - Jesus of Nazareth


Click Image to Enlarge
 
"And Pilate wrote a title also, and he put it upon the cross. and the writing was: Jesus of Nazareth, The King of the Jews. And it was written in Hebrew, in Greek, and in Latin" (John 19, 19-20).

Prelude:

In spirit take your stand beneath the cross and read Pilate's inscription.

Affections: 

Profoundly I adore Thee, O Jesus of Nazareth, my Saviour and Redeemer, Whose death is the source of our life, and tender Thee the homage of humble reverence and heartfelt gratitude. Thou art truly Heaven's King, the King of the humble and lowly, who turn to Thee by sincere compunction and penance, call in upon Thy holy name. Would that I could say that Thou art in truth the Ruler of my heart, that I have immolated all to Thee that I am and have! O my crucified Jesus, prostrate at Thy feet I pray Thee: Take possession of my heart and annihilate therein whatever is opposed to the power of Thy love. Conquer the hearts of all men, O divine King, that all may be subject to Thy sweet reign and one day be found worthy to enter the kingdom of Thy eternal love and glory. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...