Saturday, March 20, 2021

Passion Sunday - The 32nd Day of Lent


"Which of you shall convince Me of sin? If I say the truth to you, why do you not believe Me? He that is of God, heareth the words of God. Therefore you hear them not, because you are not of God. The Jews therefore answered and said to Him: 'Do not we say well that Thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?' Jesus answered: "I have not a devil: but I honor my Father and you have dishonored Me'" (John 8, 46-50).

Prelude:

Behold Jesus in the Temple at Jerusalem and reverently hear His sacred words addressed to the assembled Jews.  

Affections: 
 
O my Jesus, permit me not one day to hear from Thee the reproach of having sought my own honor and not Thine! Preserve me from such a misfortune, sure to come upon Thy unfaithful spouses. I will employ solely for Thy honor all the graces and gifts which Thou so generously hast bestowed on me. In all my thoughts, words, and actions, I will seek Thy divine pleasure. Live and reign in my heart, O Jesus, with all the power of Thy love. Blot out every stain of sin, every affection and love incompatible with Thy holy love. Grant that I may listen to Thy words with humility and reverence, and persevere to the end in Thy holy service, through the faith discharge of my duties.

Resolution: In all my actions I will seek to please God alone.
Spiritual Bouquet: "I seek not My honor, but the honor of Him Who sent Me." 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...