Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday of Holy Week


Click Image to Enlarge
 
"And afterwards, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, said: 'I thirst.' Now there was a vessel set there full of vinegar. And they, putting a sponge full of vinegar about hyssop, put it to His mouth. Jesus, therefore, when He had taken the vinegar, said: 'It is consummated' and bowing His head, He gave up the Ghost" (John 19, 28-30).

Prelude:

In spirit take your stand beneath the cross of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, and with profound respect and love hear His sacred words. 

Affections: 

O my beloved Saviour, Thou wilt empty to the very dregs the chalice of abasement and suffering offered Thee by Thy Father. To rescue me from hell, and to make me share in Thy heavenly bliss, Thou dost strip Thyself of all divine consolations, and plungest Thy soul into the abyss of the bitterest desolation. O sweetest Jesus, what sacrifices shall I, poor sinner, make in thanksgiving for such an incalculable benefit, such boundless love? Thou, O my Saviour, hast accomplished everything that could redound to the honor of Thy heavenly Father, and my sanctification. Permit me not to die without having achieved Thy merciful designs. Grant me a true hunger and thirst for Thy love and my perfection, that when departing this life I can say with assurance "Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit."


Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...