Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thursday - The 30th Day of Lent


"And stripping Him, they put a scarlet cloak about Him. And platting a crown of thorns, they put it upon His Head and a reed in His right hand. And bowing the knee before Him, they mocked Him, saying: 'Hail, King of Jews'" (Matt. 27, 28-29).

Prelude:

Again, in spirit, enter the inner court of the House of Pilate; the rude soldiers in derision clothe Jesus with a purple cloak and crown Him with thorns. 

Affections: 
 
Thou, my beloved Savior, deserves not to wear the crown that wounded Thy sacred head so deeply; no, it is meet that I who have so often offended Thee should wear it. Thou didst will then, O Jesus, to atone for my sins, to redeem me from eternal pain. Thou wouldst teach me by thy example what honor to seek in this world. Thy thorny crown, O Eternal  King, is a crown of humility and compassion. It impresses upon me forcibly the duty of mortification and self-denial.
     Grant, O merciful Savior, by Thy infinite love, which urged Thee to suffer so much for me, that henceforth I think of nothing, desire nothing, and seek nothing but to love Thee with my whole heart, and daily to grow in this love. 

Jesus Mercy!  Mary Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...