Monday, March 22, 2021

The 33rd Day of Lent - Jesus is Condemned to Death


"And Pilate, seeing that he prevailed nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, taking water washed his hands before the people saying: 'I am innocent of the blood of this Just Man; look you to it.' And the whole people answering said: 'His blood be upon us and upon our children' " (Matt. 27, 24-25).

Prelude:

Picture Pilate seated on an elevated platform, surrounded by the surging masses. Behold our beloved Savior Who delivers Himself up to him who unjustly condemns Him. 

Affections: 
 
Thy Sacred Blood, O Jesus, come upon me and cleanse me of my sins and evil inclinations. May it inflame me with that holy love wherewith Thou hast loved me, and renew in me Thy divine image. O my beloved Savior, by Thy perfect immolation, whereby Thou didst abandon Thyself to the caprice of Thy enemies and didst suffer Thyself to be unjustly condemned to the most ignominious death, grant me the grace to surrender myself forever, without reserve, to Thee, my God, to Thy wisdom, Thy power and Thy faithful love. Thy love alone shall henceforth live in me and control me, so that I can say in truth, with the Apostle of the Gentiles: "I live, now not I, but Christ liveth in me" (Gal. 2, 20).

Resolution: I will strive energetically to control my evil inclinations and gladly sacrifice self in the interest of my neighbor.
Spiritual Bouquet: " He delivered Himself to him who unjustly condemned Him."

Jesus Mercy!  Mary






No comments:

Post a Comment

Month of Mary - 6th Day

  The Story In her childhood already St. Genevieve was devoted with all her heart to the ever blessed Virgin Mary. Her mother who disl...